First full release: CORSIKA 8.0.0
This must be ready for deployment and production. Such releases should be stable on a timescale of >1 year.
We roughly aim for ~2020.
Unstarted Issues (open and unassigned)
- Python CI job fails
- Lessons learned from !369 (tracking)
- PROPOSAL for heavier charged particles
- Runtime comparisons of the new RandomIterator/Random123 engine on actual showers.
- Record particles in "readout volume"
- add and implement convention for naming test cases and sections in unit tests
- unit test for HadronicElasticModel
- unit test for PROPOSAL interface
- Further issues in BetheBlochPDG profile generation
- upgrade pythia to version 8.3xx
- cut on geometry and timing in ParticleCut
- should energy thresholds depend on the environment?
- Remove "asserts" in main code, replace with expections/error handling
- Better document automatically generated files
- testClassTimer, testFunctionTimer, testExecTime are not robust
- Follow-up from "Add medium type, as new property (air, water, rock...)"
- decay example
- Add number of calls in Process interface
- Follow-up from "Resolve "baryon and hadron number as particle property""
- I/O compatible with CORSIKA 7 ?
- Comments on interface design
- Publishing artifacts
- extend initialization of nuclear target materials
- Add c++ "concept checks" machinery for compile time consistency checks
- Add pion decay routine
- Requirements for steering/configuration
Ongoing Issues (open and assigned)
- Concerns on licensing and distribution of Random123 in corsika/framework
- Runs with identical random seeds are not reproducible unless the order of initialization is identical.
- Develop Cherenkov emission module
- Refactoring DecayProcess<T> and decay model selection.
- cleanup sibyll and pythia interfaces
- Add a CI configuration without Pythia8
- corsika 8 hard to build on CentOS 7
- Add/include "dynamic" stack features.
Completed Issues (closed)
- Possible problem on PROPOSAL branch/MR
- ParticleCut doesn't affect "non-secondary generating" processes
- Does not compile on MacOSX 10.13 with clang 9.1.0
- Search and remove all "cout" . "cerr", "iostream" and "endl" and replace by spdlog
- What should Process::LongitudinalProfile count?
- general tabularization and interpolation machinery
- FPE in stack_inspector due to small progress with short-lived particles
- remove internal decays from Sibyll interaction
- Get rid of Init() methods of processes
- I/O compatible with CXROOT
- enforce coding style and namespace conventions
- advanced Process selection logic and configuration
- Remove/replace bitset2 from ThirdParty and Framework